We Accept Visa & Mastercard

Our new address

Our office is located at

302 Park Street North, Peterborough, ON
K9J 3W5


We are located 3 doors south of the corner of Charlotte and Park Streets on the east side of Park Street..

Our office has on-site and free on-street parking.


Professional Tax & Accounting Services

Kevin Dunn has been serving individual and business clients in Peterborough and the Central Ontario region for over twenty years. Maybe it's time you found out why. We work with you to minimize your tax burden and maximize your profits.

Although we are centred in Peterborough, we have clients in many other areas including Belleville, Hamilton, Ottawa, Toronto, Markham, and Vancouver. We make effective use of technology with a human touch.

Our business clients consist of lawyers, veterinarians, real estate agents and brokers, IT consultants, home builders and others in the construction industry, electricians, insurance brokers, investment dealers, and many others. Visit our Business Services page for more information on how we can help your business succeed.

Our personal tax clientele is growing and consists of many self-employed persons, those with investment portfolios, people with rental properties, retiree's and many others. Visit our Personal Tax page for more information on how we can assist you with your income tax issues.

Perhaps your financial situation has changed and has created some questions in your mind. Perhaps you're opening a new business and need some guidance with the many questions of self-employment. Maybe you're getting financial results right now but don't really understand what the numbers mean or where they're leading you. Or perhaps you've got some issues with Canada Revenue Agency, also known as "your silent partner".

Whatever questions or challenges you may have, we can provide you with sensible options in tune with your financial and non-financial goals.

Oh yes. We'll also do your tax returns or financial statements!

Email us for more information or to arrange a free initial consultation.

New Address As Of March 1 2016!!

We have purchased a building at 302 Park Street N, just around the corner from our present location(three doors from the corner of Charlotte and Park on the east side of Charlotte Street). Our office will be on the main floor (no more stairs!). The phone number, fax number, and email will remain the same. You'll have to excuse us for the first couple weeks while we do a bit of renovation but we promise a more accessible location that will serve you better. The new location has limited parking behind the building but has free street parking for up to one hour.

Year-End Tax Planning

Tax planning is an ongoing process! Now is the time to consider some year-end tax planning tips. You're invited to download our more detailed 2015 year-end tax planning guide or call/email us for more information. Here are a few quick tips for your year-end tax planning:

CRA Direct Deposit - Canada Revenue Agency ("CRA") plans to stop issuing cheques for tax refunds, GST/HST credits, Child Tax Benefits, and other programs as of March 2016. It is a convenient time, when filing your 2015 tax return, to apply for CRA's Direct Deposit plan. You must complete and file the "DD" form containing your bank account information. Don't worry, it only gives CRA the authorization to put money INTO your account.

Canada Pension Plan - The CPP rules changed on January 1, 2012 for anyone 60 to 70 who is collecting CPP retirement benefits and earning employment income. In years before 2012, you did not have to pay CPP premiums if you were collecting CPP retirement benefits. As of January 1, 2012, employees who are age 60 to 65 have to pay CPP premiums on their employment income. Those employees who are 65 to 70 can file an election (CPT-30) with their employer and CRA electing not to pay CPP premiums on their employment income.

RRSP's - Take a look at your income for 2015 and ask whether or how much of an RRSP you should be contributing. You can refer to our handy tax rate guide to see what your marginal tax rate might be for 2015.

Capital Gains/Losses - Remember that you pay tax on your NET capital gains for the year. Therefore, you may find it useful to offset some of you capital gains by triggering capital losses before the end of 2015.

Charitable Donations - Your charitable donations must be made by December 31 to claim the donation on your 2015 tax return.

Medical Expenses - You can only claim medical expenses in excess of 3% of your net income (or your spouse's net income). Sometimes it makes sense to pay for some medical expenses by the end of the year to maximize the medical expenses paid in the year. Remember, though, that you can claim medical expenses paid in any twelve month period that ends in the year (as long as you haven't claimed those expenses on a prior tax return!).